Sunday, October 25, 2015

Indispensable Products I Know and Love

I am not getting any form of payment for this. In fact, I didn't think there'd come a point in my life where I would know or care about certain products. No, it's not that I have too much time on my hands. I just feel the need to share the most remarkable of recent discoveries. That is...discoveries by me. These things may have been around forever. What do I know?

I have, for example always used Lestoil. I will continue to do so. I remember the commercials when I was a child. "There's less toil with lestoil, so clean the lestoil way".  There was also some mention about washing away grease and oil but I've never tried this product in the laundry. I have raved about Lestoil for more years than I can remember. I love it as a grease fighter and a floor cleaner and have been finding it harder and harder to find in stores. I feared that it had gone the way of some other products from my younger years when, suddenly I located it at my local Canadian Tire. I immediately purchased a lifetime supply. In my case, about half a dozen bottles. I hoped I wouldn't expire before they did.

Now for something I didn't know about. Giving credit where credit is due, I have learned of a new brand from my realtor. The brand is called Zep and when I say new, I mean new to me. We recently had a property for sale. It sported some unsightly carpet spots. My realtor brought in Zep spot remover and it was amazing. Seriously, it was amazing. I've been scrubbing, and bubbling, and powdering carpets for years trying to get some type of clean from them. She simply sprayed on the Zep cleaner and lifted the spot with a cloth. Wow!

I had to have some, so I went to the local proprieter of all things magical, Home Depot, and requested Zep.

"Which one?" asked the young man helping me.

"There's more than one?" I responded, mouth agape.

It was then that I discovered a whole line of products. There were bathroom cleaners, carpet cleaners, window cleaners, oven and bbq cleaners, pet stain cleaners, spot removers and more. The price was reasonable. I believe I have now purchased most. I've tried the glass cleaner...phenomenal; the shower tub and tile cleaner...terrific, and I'm looking forward to using the rest. Yes, my life is just that dull.

















Finally, and this is the biggest marvel of all, I discovered that there are such things as floor saucers. I have no idea what they're really called... perhaps moving discs, or magic sliders, or all of the above. Once again, the realtor is responsible. These handy dandy items get put under the legs of furniture, making it slide easily to a different location. Gone are all the pulleys, and ropes, plastic gizmos with small wheels, and muscle men that were once needed to move dressers or desks. These phenomenal discs let anyone move anything. You just need to be able to slightly lift the corner and place the saucer under the legs of the furniture.

So, whether you always knew about these items or whether they are new to you, I'm sure anyone would agree that most are indispensable.

No comments:

Post a Comment