Thursday, August 28, 2014

Veggie Pizza Appetizer - Yummy

People have told me they have made or consumed this cold pizza recipe in the past. It was new to me when I tried it last year. I first found it on the Pillsbury website on the internet. Since then I have adapted it and we love it. Cut into small squares, it makes a great appetizer. I've re-created and re-invented the recipe several times to suit our taste. I have also cut the portion size in half because the original is quite large and makes a lot. Today, my pizza looked like this,

The original recipe can be found at the site posted at the end of the blog. I will now share my version.

Ingredients

1 can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls (I use the whole wheat)
4 oz. (half package) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup yogurt, sour cream or tzatziki (tzatziki gives great flavour)
1/2 tsp. dry dill weed (not essential, I rarely have any around)
garlic powder to taste
shredded carrot
broccoli florets, cauliflower , diced veggies eg. green peppers, onions (any or all of these as preferred)
tomato, seeded and chopped

Directions

Preheat oven to 375
Roll out the package of crescent rolls onto a small sized rectangular cookie sheet and press down to join the seams.
Bake 13-17 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool completely...at least 30 minutes
In a small bowl mix cream cheese, tzatziki or alternative, dill and garlic powder until smooth.
Spread over crust. Top with veggies amount and type to your taste. I usually put carrots first. Then spread whatever else fits and press down.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for one to two hours.
Cut into squares using a pizza cutter or sharp knife.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The original recipe can be found at  http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/easy-crescent-veggie-pizza/4b2c60ae-69e5-4a1a-bed1-219a69cd4514

1 comment:

  1. Hello my name is Endogru. Your recipe looks delicious. I'll try your recipe when I found the opportunity. Thank you, I'm in pursuit ;)

    ReplyDelete