Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year !


It's 2014. I'm not certain where the years, particularly the ones since 2000 have gone. I am however, glad to see another new year. I also appreciate being in reasonably good health, or as my doctor says, "You're in pretty good shape for the shape you're in."

My daughter announced, "New year's eve and the new year mean nothing. I can't get excited. Birthdays are for celebrating that you're a year older."

It's possible that she has a point. Or maybe that's the difference in thinking between me and someone less than half my age.

Nonetheless, it's a new year. One of my friends heard an idea where you write something positive, pleasant, something of which you're proud, or an accomplishment on a piece of paper every day and toss it in a jar. Then you read all the notes at the end of the year. Might be interesting. Might be enlightening. Might be tedious. Might be dull.

If I had to write a message for today, it would say "I did absolutely nothing". Considering how hectic the last months of 2013 were, I think this falls into the pleasant, if not the accomplishment category. Perhaps, if I read that at the end of 2014,  I won't feel the same way. I might regret having wasted a day of my life, a day that will never come again, January 1, 2014. Or maybe, like last night, I'll be celebrating that I've made it through another year. I hope so. Happy New Year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment