Sunday, December 22, 2013

World of Weird Weather

I am currently sitting around in my pajamas. Church is cancelled. Our front door is frozen shut. The tree limbs are dropping. There are power outages and lots of unhappy dogs. We are blanketed in ice.

My daughter came home Friday night and was unimpressed that I booked a hotel room at the airport. I refused to drive home. It turned out to be a good choice. We made it back here safely yesterday between storms.

Our power was out during the night and therefore we had a shaking dog and no cpaps. We are fortunate that hydro and heat are now restored. We had naps.

We are watching the news and seeing joggers in shorts running through Central Park in New York. Egypt had its first snow in over one hundred years. Tornadoes, snow, and ice are threatening throughout the U.S. and Canada. Streetcars in Toronto are cancelled because of iced wires. Bizarre.

As much as I'd like to venture out to take photos after our door thaws, I won't. I heard from a nurse friend that emergency was packed with people with broken bones. I don't need that. So, here are my pictures out the windows. Lovely, but treacherous.
Front door from inside







No comments:

Post a Comment