Monday, December 31, 2012

Let's End the Year with Some Laughs and Blog #100

I have a friend who told me last week that I was close and that I needed just a few more writings to get to 100 blogs this year. I hadn't realized this but it motivated me to take the time and compose some more pieces. With this blog I have officially reached number one hundred for 2012.

I'm going to cheat a little and share a website for some fun. Many people know that I am a stickler when it comes to grammar and spelling. That's not to say that I don't make my share of errors. I do. (Don't start searching through my blogs now either) I do not however, make many basic, obvious or stupid mistakes.

I confess that I'm dismayed when I read a newspaper and find ridiculous errors which have not been caught. What ever happened to editors? Where are the proof readers?  I have often been tempted to walk into a news office and offer my services. Why is it that papers require their writers to have journalism degrees, but not a good working knowledge of English sentence structure, grammar or spelling?

I came across an amusing newspaper headline on facebook recently and I wanted to read the entire article. I "googled" it. What I found instead was this site. Hilarious. Enjoy and Happy New Year everyone.

http://www.you-can-be-funny.com/TheLostArtofProofreading.html

No comments:

Post a Comment